Although the project of Unidos do Mundo was planned as a one-time event, it’s potential for becoming an annual event to promote samba world-wide is ripe for the taking.
We are reviving worldsamba.org and unidosdomundo.com to cater to a growing and more connected world in the age of the internet. Unidos do Mundo was a great success because of the early success of the Internet. This was all before social media.
Today, we have tools that are now available to allow us to make Unidos do Mundo the vehicle for promoting and growing samba around the world.
Our current goals are:
- Gather all sambistas and samba groups on our websites including worldsamba.org and wiki.worldsamba.org
- Start planning the restart of Unidos do Mundo starting in 2020
- Create an annual Unidos do Mundo parade event
- Give samba dance, drum, and costume workshops
- Implement a certification process to certify the level of sambistas world-wide.
So what can you do? These are the current steps you can take to join in on the project:
- Sign up for http://wiki.worldsamba.org to be an editor of the World Samba Wiki.
- Add your group, yourself, other sambistas, your classes, your school, your annual parades
- Request a sambista blog for you or our website on the worldsamba.org
- Join the Unidos do Mundo organization to help promote the Unidos do Mundo project
- Search for donors, sponsors, and companies interested in participating
- Search for samba celebrities to help promote the project
- SPREAD THE WORD!